Economics: Fundamentals for Financial Services Providers is an introduction to economic principles with a focus on how those principles relate to the financial services industry. It provides students with an understanding of economic principles necessary to interpret economic news, apply economic principles to their work, and appreciate the many ways economics affects their lives.
• The basic principles of macroeconomics and microeconomics
• The concepts of supply and demand that drive market interest rates, wages, and prices
• The forces that determine economic growth and inflation
• The process of conducting a cost-benefit analysis
• The fundamentals of the government's fiscal policies
• Ways to spot influential economic trends.